Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Groundhog Day

9:30 woke up. Didn't remember that I was supposed to be extra observant today until I walked in to the bathroom. The radio cheerfully said "....happy Groundhog Day!" as I got into the shower. It then played "I Got Friends in Low Places". I thought about Gannon weddings, where this would ussually be one of the last song of the evening. At this point, the overweight brother would be wasted and dancing his ass off.
10:30 Went down for breakfast.
11:00 Crossed the street towards the duck pond, and I wasn't paying too much attention but it seemed that two cars narrowly missed me.
11:15 Walked into math
left the room and sat down at the couch by the window in wilson hall. Liz walked down the stairs, saw me and said what's up. Told her I was waiting for my anthropology class.
12:10 Switched couches and a girl sat down across from me, and said "Doing the reading for class? Me too."
Minutes passed, and I asked how far she was. She stared at me for a second as if she originally expected me to be inanimate or something, then said "oh, halfway through the second chapter."
Stared at two guys on their cell phones outside. One was leaned against a pillar, the other was doing slow deliberate steps back and forth on the sidewalk. Only under the guise of intense conversation, could one do that without looking really odd, I thought.
12:40 walked into class and sat next to a girl who talked to me once
watched a powerpoint about the professor's trip to the Congo in 1985
1:40 entered the shwag. Jesus/Charlie sat down next to me.
2:00 got to my dorm and had to pour out my backpack to find my key. Have no idea why I put in there instead of my pocket.
Walked in and threw down my stuff, then crashed on my bed. Layed there for a while thinking, and irrational worries swirled around my head settling in my stomach.
3:00 read some cinderella stories. Alex came in and we talked a bit, then I played bass
4:00 -5:00 Played more bass
5:30 Went to dinner then attempted to work on my blog in the south hedges computer lab. Jessica came in and pulled up a chair next to me.
6:00 Went and got coffee with her
7:30 Jessica persuaded me to stay in the 1st floor lobby for the free self-defense class.
8:30 Managed to slip away
9:30 My brother called and we had a hilarious conversation
10:15 Went on my roommate's computer. Looked around wikipedia, and read Roger Ebert's new movie reviews. Talked to CJ on facebook.
11:00 Read the first two chapters of The Brother's Karamazov
1:30 Went to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment